We are currently seeking suitable candidates available for the following locum role:
Location: Falkland Islands
Dates: 01.09.2022 – 01.12.2022
Position: Residential Care Worker
To provide residential care services for young people as part of a team working within clear policy and procedures, to actively promote the rights of young people as individuals and provide them with quality care in accordance with the policies and procedures of the home and in connection with the team.
• Liaise with the Manager vulnerable person unit, residential care workers (bank) and social workers when required.
• Integrate cooking, shopping etc. into life skills programmes with the young people. Act as a role model in ensuring the unit is kept clean and tidy at all times.
• To undertake a “decision maker role” for the use of support services such as on call.
• Undertake sleep-in duties as required and on call duties.
• Participate in the organisation of activities and holidays for the resident young people. Participate in such activities and holidays and in general recreational activities.
Templars Medical is the sole provider of healthcare professionals to the Falkland Islands Government (FIG). We have worked with FIG for several years and being the largest employer in the Islands permanent and fixed-term opportunities are available to doctors; dentists; nurses and allied health professionals.
When considering job opportunities in new locations local knowledge is foremost in helping you make the right choice, and our knowledge of the Falkland Islands means you will be supported door-to-door and fully informed of what to expect upon arrival.